A new Dean of the Faculty has been elected
On May 31, 2023, a new Dean of the Faculty of Law of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” was elected.
After a competitive selection process, the Faculty staff agreed to appoint Volodymyr Venher to this position.
It is expected that Volodymyr Venher will start working as the Dean of the Faculty on August 1, 2023. Until then, Oleksii Tseliev will continue to lead the Faculty.
The competitive selection of candidates for the position of Dean of the Faculty was announced on April 12, 2023. The competition was held in accordance with the procedure provided for in the Regulations on the competitive selection of candidates for the position of Dean of the Faculty of NaUKMA.
The following minimum professional qualification requirements were set for the candidates
– an academic degree and/or an academic (honorary) title in accordance with the profile of the faculty (law or international law);
– at least seven achievements in professional activities over the past five years, as defined in clause 38 of the Licensing Conditions for the Conduct of Educational Activities, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 30, 2015 No. 1187 (as amended by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 24, 2021 No. 365);
– experience in research, academic and teaching activities for at least seven academic years (including the last three years at the higher education institution as the main place of work);
– English language proficiency, which is confirmed by a certificate in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (at least B2 level) or documents confirming the professional use of English in scientific, expert and/or teaching activities (diplomas, certificates, other documents);
– international experience in academic and/or teaching activities, as evidenced by documents (certificates, licenses, diplomas, other documents) on study, internship or work in a higher education institution, academic (or scientific and technical) institution in a country that is a member of the OECD and/or the EU, or participation (as a manager/executor) in research or educational projects funded by these countries.
The Competition Commission concluded that the candidate Volodymyr Venher meets the professional and qualification requirements for the position and can be recommended to the President of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” for appointment as the Dean of the Faculty of Law of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”.